This week saw the official release of the 2016 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300M, featuring a Calibre 5 automatic movement, titanium carbide coated steel case and a unidirectional bezel for an estimated SRP of USD$2,800.
With a patent filed by Edouard Heuer in 1892 for the first watertight watch case, the 2016 TAG Heuer Aquaracer is the latest evolution of the momentous occasion, boasting water resistance to a depth of 300 metres.
This new Aquaracer stands out from other dive watches with a ceramic uni-directional rotary bezel with twelve sides and six studs, screw-down crown, large luminous indications on the indexes and hands for improved visibility and screw-down case back engraved with a diver’s helmet.
The 300 meter water resistance means a windowless, steel case-back engraved with a divers helmet similar to the previous Aquaracers. This leaves the Calibre 5 movement (which is the ETA 2824-2) unfortunately unseen.
The 2016 TAG Heuer Aquaracer will be available in three color variations: sand-coloured, black-and-red and blue.
Availability is from July 2016 (ex La Chaux-de-Fonds) and from November 2016 for the red model.
- FC6382 (blue details and blue nylon strap)
- FC6381 (red details and black strap with red topstitching)
- FC6383 (sand-coloured details with sand-coloured strap)
- TAG Heuer Automatic Calibre 5 with date
- Diameter 43 mm
- Grade 2 titanium with black titanium carbide coating
- Uni-directional rotating bezel in matt black ceramic
- Engraved numerals with blue, red or sand-coloured lacquer and a SuperLuminova™ dot at 12 o’clock
- Sapphire crystal with antireflective, scratch-resistant coating
- Screw-down crown in sand-blasted black titanium carbide
- Screw-on case back in sand-blasted black titanium carbide engraved with a diving bell
- Matt black dial with striations
- Blue, red or sand-coloured faceted, polished, hand-applied indices with luminous grey markers
- Blue, red or sand-coloured faceted and polished hour and minute hands, with luminous grey markers
- “TAG Heuer” logo & “Aquaracer” printed in blue, red or sand colour at 12 o’clock,
- Inscription at 6 o’clock reads “CALIBRE 5 – AUTOMATIC – 300M/1000FT” (in blue, red or sand colour)
- Timers printed in grey
- Date window at 3 o’clock with magnifier
- 300 metres
- Made from nylon, in blue with black topstitching, or black with red topstitching or sand colour with white topstitching. Black titanium folding buckle with black titanium carbide coating and push-piece safety mechanism. Rubber inner